Saturday, April 03, 2021

and so i wake in the morning and i step outside

I'm quite tired after more than the usual exertion today. I spent the morning being somewhat lazy, but then [censored] and I picked up a bunch of sticks in the yard to prep for mowing season. Since the yard is multiple acres and some parts of it (especially around the old house) are full of ancient trees that shed bark and limbs when a single snowflake hits them, this is quite the task. [censored] did more of it than I did because he started before I was ready, but I was game until my allergies got the best of me. We also drove around parts of the farm that neither of us have been to in years; some of it is actually unreachable from here, while much of it requires driving over the pond dam and then navigating large anthills and washed-out draws. So, that was a fun excursion, and we returned without setting anything on fire (unlike our grandfather, who memorably caught his pickup on fire when he drove it through our field many years ago).

sssanyway. After that I took a shower and drove my dad to Centerville to look at some tings and pick up a few other tings (mostly ham salad for my mom, who gets cranky if her addiction isn't sated on the regular). We had a nice drive - the weather was perfect, and while driving his truck is a far cry from my Audi, it's fun to see the world from a vantage point several feet higher than usual.

Then we came home and I made dinner, but I unfortunately slightly overcooked the chicken (#quarantinechef knew better, but there's enough infection around here and I didn't want to cause food poisoning). And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: