Thursday, April 08, 2021

i said, ooh, i'm drowning in the night

Today had highs and lows, and now I'm thinking about going to bed early. The highs were pretty high - I had to give a thirty-minute presentation to the big boss's boss (who is truly a big boss, and is also the French guy who dropped thousands of dollars on champagne at a work dinner I went to a couple of years ago). The presentation was 'fabulous' (to quote the big boss after), so I live to get a paycheck another day.

While I was cool and collected and on top of my game, my fitbit thought that I got twenty minutes of exercise during that presentation because my heart rate spiked, so it's no wonder my adrenaline tanked after that and I got v. little done the rest of the day. I did have some more meetings, and I had leftover Indian takeout for lunch, and everything was generally fine. I talked to my mom for a bit when I was done working, and then Katie came over and hung out for a bit - she dropped off her car for me to borrow for the next couple of days, and so after we were done gossiping I took her back to her house and got to watch her husband chase an escaped cat v. aggressively (you had to be there for the jokes about that).

Then I came home, ate some leftover Italian food, and generally did absolutely nothing. And now I think it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: