Monday, April 05, 2021

we tried to wash our hands of all of this

No time to blog tonight - I spent the day slogging, but it was difficult to concentrate or get anything done. And I spent the evening hanging out with my parents - [censored] went back to his home today, and so he missed out on the chicken tortilla soup that I made tonight (which turned out well, if I do say so myself). We had a nice enough evening, all in all, even though nothing feels particularly great right now.

Then I came downstairs, cleaned some of the downstairs kitchen, organized some tings, and gave myself a fresh gel manicure before doing a tiny bit of day job work to prep for tomorrow. I've decided to make a quick trip back to Colorado tomorrow; I'm flying because I can't stand the thought of driving there and back, but I also wasn't intending to spend quite this much time in Iowa on this trip and so I need to pick up some clothes and check on my house. So I'm working in the morning, then dashing up to Des Moines to catch a flight to Denver. I'm coming back Sunday, so hopefully things will be smooth - I'm loath to leave, but it will be nice to order takeout and ride my Peloton and generally be bougie for a few days.

And now, on that note, I need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: