Wednesday, April 14, 2021

the kind that blindside you at four p.m. on some idle tuesday

I'm v. v. v. v. v. tired and should probably have gone to bed an hour ago, even though it's currently only 10:30pm in Iowa. The last couple of days have been a lot (and a lot of time spent in my 2007 RAV4, which I sold to my mom after buying my Audi; I never planned to spend this much time in it again). Yesterday we took my dad up to Des Moines for a procedure, which ended up taking forever because the doctor had to do an emergency procedure for someone else first, and then they decided to keep him overnight.

This news of course came after [censored] and I had spent most of the day sitting in the RAV4 staring at a tree, since only one person is allowed into the hospital with the patient due to covid. Also due to covid, we couldn't sit at a coffee shop, and it was too cold to sit outside. So I spent as much time in the RAV4 yesterday as I would have spent if I'd driven from Denver to Iowa, which is really too much.

sssanyway, I drove my mom back home last night, then back to Des Moines this morning. Luckily my dad got out around noon, so we drove home (with a stop in Indianola for lunch w/[censored], who was on his way to [censored]). My dad had to go to the hospital here for his usual antibiotics after, and I used that time to start prepping some instant pot beef stew. I also talked to Alyssa, which was great. And then I finished making the stew, went into town to harvest my dad's latest asparagus haul (I suspect he has a thief pillaging his asparagus patch since there wasn't much there), ate with my parents, talked to my dad, etc.

And now I really need to go to bed so that I can attempt to focus tomorrow - focusing is something I am having a terrible time doing right now, but I live in hope. Goodnight!

No comments: