Friday, April 02, 2021

sometimes i wish i was on an island, but then i'd miss the sound of sirens

I am v. tired and have already fallen asleep in my recliner once, so I should wrap this up and go to bed. I took today mostly off, although I had one meeting at 1pm that I chose to dial into with my VP; it felt easier to just do it than to try to find another time with a bunch of people whose calendars are impossible, and I needed to get her feedback on something before an even more important presentation next week. So, I wasn't entirely disconnected from work, but it was certainly more of a break than usual.

So I spent the morning drinking coffee and talking to [censored], who got home last night. Then I spent some quality time with Aunt B - she came down from the city to sow some grass seed on Gram's grave, and she stopped here first to hang out + borrow some gardening implements. It was great to see her, even though my hospitality failed and the only things she ate were things that she had brought here last weekend.

Then, the best news of the day: my dad got out of the hospital. He'd gone in on Monday for recurring issues with his foot infection, and he certainly has a v. long road still ahead (and is in a disturbing amount of pain), but it's great that he's back home. So we spent the afternoon hanging out, and then [censored] and I picked up Mexican takeout for dinner. We also watched some 'Cajun Pawn Stars', who were completely ridiculous.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: