Sunday, April 04, 2021

up on the sun playing drums with a bleached bone

Happy Easter! This was not how I intended to spend my Easter, partially because I thought it was likely that I would be driving back to Denver today or tomorrow - but it was a good day nonetheless. I spent the morning taking care of tings around the house, and then my dad and I drove over to Osceola so he could look at some work-related tings. I drove his truck again since it has better legroom for him than any of our other vehicles; when I got in, I realized that my right thigh was slightly achy from driving the truck, not from picking up sticks yesterday. His truck is positively gigantic compared to my SUV, with a diesel engine and pedals that aren't configured for someone who is very nearly short enough to be classified as a dwarf. So, driving it is an entertaining adventure, but thus far I've managed it without hitting anything, so I'm calling it a win.

Anyway, we drove to Osceola and back, and it was another really nice day for a drive. On the way over we took the backroads (paved, so I don't know if that technically qualifies as backroads, but it wasn't a straight shot to get there) and it was fun to see parts of the countryside that I don't see often. Then we came home, I took a v. brief nap, and then I spent some time cleaning my room and the bathroom. I eventually took a break so I could make Easter dinner - I made scalloped potatoes (but the Barefoot Contessa's version, which requires gruyere, which I luckily had stockpiled here) and a ham, and my mom made baked beans, and it was all v. delicious.

After dinner, I watched a bit of 'American Restoration' with my dad, then came downstairs, painted my toenails, and did some planning for the week ahead. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: