Thursday, April 15, 2021

manifest a ceiling

I'm v. v. tired (which is three fewer v.'s than last night, so I suppose that's an improvement). The tiredness is more mental than physical, I think - the kind of tired behind the eyeballs and around the corners of the mouth that comes from stress rather than exertion.

I went back to work today, and by that I mean I sat at my desk in my parents' house and pretended to focus on meetings that were difficult to focus on, and ignored emails I didn't have the space for. I had a good conversation with my boss about all of this, though; she's really supportive of everything going on with my dad, so I'll probably take a couple of days off next week to regroup. And I did get some critical stuff done and am sorting out what else needs to get done tomorrow, so it certainly could be worse.

Sometime around five I was done for awhile, so I hung out with my parents and then drove into town to pick up Mexican food (basically the only takeout in town, so it's a good thing we like it since we're now eating it 2-3x / week). It was pretty tasty tonight, so no regrets there. I hung out upstairs a bit more, then came downstairs with the intention of being virtuous and answering work email. But instead I had a v. impromptu, v. overdue zoom with my friend Grace - she and I hadn't caught up in ages, but we exchanged texts about a ridiculous writing drama today, and then we ended up zooming for over an hour. It was very much what I needed, even if it wasn't exactly the same as our previous catch-ups, when we would drink margaritas (three for me, 0.25 of one for her) and laugh so hard that we would come close to wetting ourselves. Still, I'll take a zoom with Grace anytime, and tonight was a delight.

And now, rather than trying to clear my work inbox, I'm going to go to bed and attempt that feat in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: