Sunday, April 11, 2021

underneath the stars, looking for a sign

I'm back in ye olde Iowa after a v. slow jaunt through the Denver airport to get here. Today went as smoothly as I could have hoped for it to go - I got up in time to throw some clothes in a suitcase, shower, and eat some yogurt before my ride (aka Katie) arrived. She was on time, which was v. kind of her since no one wants to take people to the airport - but she claimed she was looking forward to drinking her iced coffee and listening to the radio on the way home without the kids, so I think I might believe her.

When I got to the airport I decided not to get wheelchair / cart service (which I had requested a couple of days ago when my leg seemed dire) - I had plenty of time, so I just slowly and leisurely hobbled through security, onto the train, and around the C concourse. I had time to eat a burrito bowl and ice my leg, and it was all v. civil (with the exception of the fact that there's a pandemic and so it's really not civil at all, but I was pretty careful). Then I boarded, had a v. quick and easy flight, hobbled through the Des Moines airport, picked up my bag, retrieved my car, and drove to southern Iowa to reunite with my parents.

The hobbling was perhaps overkill - I really don't think I have long-term injured myself. But I also can't really afford to turn a strain into something worse, so I'm just going slow and stretching every chance I get. I think I'll be all better in a couple of days, but we'll see.

And now, I believe it's time for bed - as soon as I wish Aunt Becky a happy birthday (happy birthday, Aunt B!). Goodnight!

No comments: