Wednesday, April 28, 2021

baby we're a dying breed

I had a lot going on at work today, so I'm probably more tired than I should be - especially since some of my meetings got canceled and I was able to actually get some stuff done, which is an added bonus. But I ended the day with a session with Alyssa, who worked some wonders for my ongoing strained calf situation - I can walk on it without much pain, but it's certainly still not right, and so we did a lot of movement drills and nerve-type work to try to straighten things out. Even though a lot of her exercises look like total bullshit (like, sticking my thumb out in front of me and then rotating my torso while following my thumb with my gaze), they are amazingly effective - and she also warned me that I would be tired tonight even though it seemed like we did v. little.

So she was right - I'm tired, but my calf feels better. I then spent most of the evening hanging out with my parents - my mom cooked some fish that someone had caught from our pond (they come over and fish occasionally, then clean some of the catch for us - apparently yesterday they caught something every time they threw their line in, so we had eight nice filets of crappie or something (also, if crappie is not something you're familiar with, it's pronounced 'croppie' and is like a real fish that people catch)). She also made fried potatoes, and I threw together a salad, so it was quite a feast. Then I chatted with my parents until around nine, when it was firmly time for them to go to bed and for me to think about going to bed...

...and instead I did a crossword puzzle and was generally lazy. But now it's time for bed for real - goodnight!

No comments: