Saturday, April 10, 2021

fork hands

This will be brief because I'm typing on my phone, since as previously mentioned my personal laptop is in Iowa and I am not. Today was possibly the most social interaction I've had in over a year, and it was bizarre. Chandlord is in Denver for the weekend, and unfortunately I am not here for the whole weekend, but she came over this morning so that we could spend a few hours renewing our acquaintance. She escaped the overly-long hug that I've been threatening her with because we're still not out of the covid woods, but we had a delightful morning and it felt like no time had passed since I'd last seen her (which makes sense since nothing has happened in the last year). We went for an outdoor brunch at El Camino - I haven't been there for brunch, but there their "brunchiladas" and their corn cakes were completely delicious.

Then we had coffees across the street before dropping by Katie's to say hi in Katie's backyard. Then I dropped Vidya off at her next destination, with promises that she'll come back and I'll come to San Francisco sometime this summer.

Then I came home and spent several hours doing absolutely nothing in an effort to recover from such a social endeavor. And then Katie came over and we had an extended backyard session - the weather was nice and we picked up food and drinks from Ashkara, and we caught up on many many things.

And now, I should sleep - I need to pack and head to the airport in the morning so that I can get back to ye olde Iowa. Goodnight!

No comments: