Monday, April 19, 2021

cause i'm a vintage girl hangin' with the flashback kids

I have nothing particularly insightful to say today. I took the day off, which was theoretically good for recharging, although I don't feel recharged - but I didn't have to spend much time on zoom today as a result, so that seemed to help. I mostly spent the day taking care of tings around the house - I made a bunch of egg muffins for upcoming breakfasts, which I think are delicious. I also dropped [censored] off in town, and used that as an excuse to drive out to the park and inspect the reservoir where Katie and I used to spend lazy summer afternoons rowing around the lake in a rowboat. Those were simpler times, albeit simpler times in which I was exposed to far more farm runoff chemicals than I am now.

Later, I roasted tomatoes for a caprese salad - this is not something I usually make in Iowa, and I discovered as I was prepping it that the balsamic vinegar expired two years ago, so I made an impromptu trip to town (the other town) to buy balsamic (after [censored] almost tricked me into believing he might have some lying around, which was obviously false in retrospect). Then I chatted with Katie for awhile, which took her by surprise since she wasn't expecting me to answer. And then I finished making dinner - I reverse seared some ribeyes, finished the caprese salad, and made mashed potatoes, and they were all delish.

And now I believe it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: