Sunday, April 25, 2021

a shimmering balance act, i think that i laughed at that

I had a v. lazy Sunday, thanks for asking. I got up relatively early and spent the morning drinking iced coffee while journaling, watching videos, and talking to [censored]. I also caught up with Veronica, whom I hadn't talked to in ages - it's been tough to keep up with friends in addition to family+work, but I am making an attempt. Then I spent some quality time in the kitchen with my dad. And at some point I took the gater out and drove around the field - I thought it would be idyllic to park it by the pond and take in the sights, but there were gale-force winds and two mating pairs of geese on a double date who didn't like my presence. Still, I didn't let any of that scare me away, and instead sat in the sun (and the intense wind) and talked to Terry for awhile.

Then I ran an errand in town, came home, messed around with some writing, and maybe took a v. short nap. My mom was on dinner duty tonight and she made tenderloins, which were delish. And now I'm unwinding and trying to make myself go to bed early, so I'm posting this early in hopes that I eventually remind myself that bed is preferable to late-night doomscrolling. Goodnight!

No comments: