Friday, May 14, 2021

blue are the people here that walk around

I'm way too tired to blog tonight. Today didn't go quite as planned - my dad had stents put in his leg, and it was supposed to be outpatient, but while the surgery went well in the sense that it opened up blood flow, it was a lot more stenting than they expected to do and they had to admit him overnight.

So, [censored] and I spent another six hours or so sitting in our favorite parking lot at the hospital. We ran an errand beforehand to get some stuff at Sam's Club, and I left the parking lot a few times to get a couple of tings at a grocery store, pick up a Starbucks order, use the bathroom, etc. We were also joined by Aunt B for awhile, and while the public safety car kept creeping past us to see why we were there so long, we were generally undisturbed.

Mom finally left the hospital sometime after eight pm, and we decided to stay in a motel tonight. But since she smokes and the only motels with smoking rooms are pretty dire, this was perhaps a questionable decision. My room (non-smoking) is fine, but since I have been fantasizing for months about staying in a fancy hotel with a spa and room service, it's a real kick in the teeth to instead be staying in a room with flickering lights and no shampoo.

So after we checked in, we went to Perkins (a Denny's equivalent) at 9:30pm. The food was really good, or at least really needed...tater tots and gravy go a long way toward making me acquiescent about a bad motel. Then [censored] noped out of staying here under the pretext that someone needs to feed the cats tomorrow, so he left at 10:30pm and should be at my parents' house at midnight.

So at least I have this room to myself, and at least the air conditioner finally started working so it's not a million degrees. And at least we're fifteen minutes from the hospital and hopefully my dad will get out tomorrow. We shall see, we shall see. Also, I need to check on my hobo stab insurance before I go to sleep, so I think it's time to sign off. Goodnight!

No comments: