Monday, May 03, 2021

it's so ironic it's iconic i get off on it

Today was the usual brutal Monday reentry into job and life after being away. In other words, I should have been v. productive and instead mostly stared at my inbox and faked my way through meetings. But I did what I absolutely needed to get done, and then stopped around 5:30 to pick up a grocery order at Whole Foods (there were no delivery windows, but ordering to pick up still saved me a lot of time).

Then I came home, talked to my mom, talked to [censored], and did a bunch of stuff around the house (laundry, empty the fridge of my disgusting, ancient foodstuffs, general tidying, etc.). I also made some egg muffins like the ones I was making in Iowa, but something went hilariously wrong, because they puffed up and spilled over the cup edges and melded into each other. Either the eggs puffed up too much due to altitude, or the ingredients I used (feta, roasted red peppers, and zucchini) had too much water and somehow expanded too much. Idk, but we'll see how they taste tomorrow.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: