Tuesday, May 18, 2021

i can see the end as it begins

It's definitely time for bed - I had a rare 10-11pm meeting, and while I'm thankful that they're much more rare than they used to be in previous roles, I'm still feeling tired and cranky for having to take this one. The rest of my day was pretty good, though; I had some meetings, got some work done, and then headed north to meet up with Caroline for dinner.

Caroline and I have seen each other a couple of times during the pandemic, but it was all backyard patio stuff. Tonight, we met in Lafayette, near her new house, and had v. tasty Mexican food (and even tastier margaritas) at a restaurant that just happened to be one of the last restaurants I went to before coronavirus shut everything down. The evening was delightful - we had a lot to catch up on, and it was also wonderful to have enchiladas served on a real plate instead of soaking into a to-go container.

After dinner, we went to her new place so that I could get a tour. Then I drove home and talked to my mom on the way - my dad's latest surgery today went quite well, so that's a hopeful sign. And then I journaled, did my meeting, and am now contemplating bed - goodnight!

No comments: