Sunday, May 16, 2021

i drank champagne with kings and queens

I'm too tired to blog tonight and had intended to go to bed two hours ago. But suffice it to say that my dad got out of the hospital today, and I only spent five hours or so sitting around (one hour at a Starbucks patio with my journal, four hours in the hospital parking lot - but that included a random visit from my sister and two of her kids, and I also spent most of the time sitting on a sidewalk instead of cooped up in the car). On the way home, we stopped at Long John Silver's at my dad's request, which I haven't had in at least a decade because of the gluten, and I have to say their deep fried fish is still amazing.

Then we got home, I took a nap, and then I ran into town to get a few tings at the grocery store. A little later, [censored] and I picked up Mexican takeout, and then the four of us ate and talked until 10:30ish. During that time, I also baked a lemon cake for [censored]'s birthday, and I hope it turned out okay - we'll find out tomorrow (or rather, today). And then [censored] and I watched too many youtube videos, and now I desperately need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: