Monday, May 24, 2021

is it any wonder i'm not a criminal

I had a pretty good day, all in all. For some reason I didn't sleep well last night, so that put a damper on this morning, and I'm going to try to go to bed early so I can reset. But despite that, I got through a lot of stuff today (mostly meetings, as per usual) and took a break to eat leftover Indian takeout on the patio, which was beautiful.

After my meetings were over, I had a few minutes to send some emails before Aunt Becky and Uncle Brian showed up. They're in Colorado this week, and the advantage of blogging every night for 17+ years is that sometimes people offer to solve the problems I mention in the blog. In this case, Aunt B reached out yesterday to say she thought that Uncle B could fix my leaking backflow preventer - and so I gratefully accepted the offer. They came over late this afternoon, and it turns out that Aunt B was correct in her assessment of Uncle B's skills - he was able to replace the valves required to get the backflow preventer to stop leaking, which was excellent news.

So, my sprinkler system is ready to go for the summer approx 2-3 weeks earlier than I thought it would be. To celebrate, I took them down the street to El Camino - it's my favorite nearby Mexican restaurant, and Katie and I ordered many quarts of takeout margaritas from them over the course of the pandemic. Still, it was v. nice to sit on their patio instead of mine, and that meant I could order nachos - their nachos are incredible, but would not be good for takeout, and so I hadn't had them in over a year.

So we ate and talked and generally caught up, and it was lovely. Then we came back to my house and they left for their house in Castle Rock. I probably should have worked tonight, but I mostly sat on the couch and watched videos from this week's SNL, and I have no regrets. But as I said, I slept poorly last night and want to correct that tonight, so it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: