Tuesday, May 25, 2021

imma be making all them deals you wanna do

I had a pretty chill day, considering that work was a train wreck. I got up pretty early and made the v. unusual move of ordering iced coffee and some egg bites from Starbucks and picking them up at 7:15am - but that was pretty sweet, since the errand took all of ten minutes and I was able to drink iced coffee on my patio while waking up and contemplating the day. Then I wrote for about forty-five minutes - don't get too excited, since it was mostly journaling, but I'll take it.

Work really wasn't all that bad, but it was a little dramatic because a couple of departures were announced that were definitely going to get some reaction. But I bounced around 5:30 and got my first pedicure in over a year - I've been keeping my nails up on my own, but clearly I haven't been as meticulous as a salon would be because they had to use a fucking cheese grater on my calluses to try to make my feet look like lady feet instead of troll-under-a-bridge feet. I'd never been to this salon before since I used to get my nails done near my office in Boulder, but since I haven't been to Boulder at any point this entire calendar year, finding a place closer to me seemed like a good idea.

Then I came home, poured a glass of wine, and had a long gossipy chat with my friend Sara. And then, tipsy because one glass of wine will do that when I don't eat dinner, I reheated some leftover Indian takeout and watched an episode of Top Chef. This season really is spectacular and I want to do a grand tour of the US to visit all their restaurants. But really, I would do a grand tour of the US to visit a bunch of interstate rest stops at this point, so maybe that's not the highest compliment.

And now I need to sleep so I can accomplish some feats of superhuman effort tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: