Sunday, May 16, 2021

prove yourself, you are the move you make

First and foremost, happy birthday to [censored]! [Censored] turned [censored] years old today, and usually we do not get to celebrate in person since I'm rarely in Iowa in mid-May. But since we were in the same location, we got to eat the lemon cake that I baked for him last night, and I coerced him into blowing out some candles, so that was v. exciting.

However, I did not stay all day to celebrate - I flew back to Denver this afternoon, although I anticipate that I'll only be here a few days and will likely drive back to Iowa next weekend. So, [censored] was forced to celebrate the birthday by driving me to Des Moines in the rain, which is probably not what he wanted to do. When I got to the airport, I had time to grab some food before boarding - and I got upgraded on my flight, which was v. exciting. The airports were shockingly full - Denver was a madhouse, and felt like pre-pandemic levels of travelers, which I was honestly not excited about because I do not like large groups of people anymore. But I made it here entirely uneventfully, picked up my car, and grabbed a few groceries on my way home so that I have something to eat tomorrow.

And now I think I'll try to go to bed early - I haven't gotten enough sleep the last few nights, and it would be nice to rectify that this week. Goodnight!

No comments: