Sunday, May 23, 2021

hey, must be the money

I had the Sunday that I wanted to have, for the most part. That meant getting up and running to Starbucks for iced coffee, then getting my car washed (including washing the inside rubber floor mats), running a couple of errands, etc. Then I talked to Veronica for a bit - she was in fine form, and I probably won't be around for chats the next few weeks, so I'm glad we caught up.

Then I ate some lunch, took a nap, and almost decided not to do anything at all. But I rallied to go to the mall, where I returned something and planned to shop and buy some new tings. However, my phone notified me that my garage camera had spotted movement, which looped me into the fact that my garage door hadn't closed when I left. So, rather than buying anything, I sped home and shut my garage door. Luckily nothing was stolen, but still, it was a rather annoying and abrupt end to my mall excursion.

I then spent the rest of the afternoon / evening talking to [censored], talking to my parents, and doing a bunch of random stuff around the house (things like changing lightbulbs, organizing closets, etc. that I haven't had time for while I've been driving back and forth the Iowa the past few months). I had intended to cook tonight, but the garage debacle also meant that I didn't go to the grocery store, so I ordered Indian takeout instead.

And now, I should sleep - I have a v. busy four days at work, and then I'm going to Iowa and taking next week off, so we'll see how that goes. Goodnight!

No comments: