Saturday, May 29, 2021

she listens like spring and she talks like june

I had a v. uneventful day and I ended up in Iowa at the end of it, so I would say everything went as planned. I got an excellent amount of sleep in the hotel in Lincoln last night, and I'm glad that I stopped when I did because I was exhausted and there are not that many places to stop between Lincoln and home (even though it's still a 3.5hr drive at that point).

So this morning I woke up, cleaned up, and got out the door in record time. I also stopped at Whole Foods in Lincoln to pick up some tings for cooking this week, so that was a worthwhile endeavor. Then I grabbed a venti iced coffee and some egg bites at Starbucks and commenced the rest of the drive. As I said, it was uneventful; it was v. pretty in late May across southern Iowa, since everything is still really green and the summer heat hasn't set in yet. I stopped in Mt. Ayr for gas, but otherwise just listened to a bunch of satellite radio, talked to [censored], and contemplated life.

When I got home, I unloaded my car (mostly by loading things into my dad's gater and driving it around to the back of the house, which was worth it. Then my mom and I went to the next town over to buy more groceries - she had been out of a lot tof things, so we had to stock up. The biggest priority for me was that she get bratwurst, and that was accomplished, so I think we can take a break for the rest of the week.

Haha, just kidding, this summer is going to be a lot, and this week has a lot of tasks teed up for completion. But hopefully we get through a bunch of stuff. And now, after abruptly ending this recap because I'm falling asleep, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: