Saturday, June 26, 2021

danced to death at an east side night club

I have once again stayed up past my bedtime - I can theoretically sleep in tomorrow, but I have not been sleeping well enough to give me much confidence that sleeping in will happen. Work today was pretty good - I had a good meeting with the big boss and a bunch of other meetings in the morning, but I had three free hours this afternoon and was able to cross some tasks off my list.

I also made dinner tonight - at lunch time I marinated some chicken, and so for dinner I just had to bake it. It was, of course, a little more complicated than that - I made a spicy, sticky chicken with pineapple, and I also made rice and roasted some broccoli for the side. I've made it once before, but this was quite delicious (albeit spicy) - and it's pretty simple, other than cutting up the pineapple, which isn't exactly hard.

After I made dinner, I watched last night's episode of Top Chef so that I could stay caught up before the finale next week. Then, I had a v. extended call with my friendship renewal crew (Joann, Jane, and Jen) - they've been in touch and have actually seen each other in person recently, but with all my travel to Iowa I've missed a bunch of calls. So we had a lot to catch up on, and it was a nice way to spend Friday night.

And now I need to sleep so that I can enjoy my weekend - goodnight!

No comments: