Sunday, June 20, 2021

homecoming parade as we renegade

I had a somewhat lazy day, but I'm pretty sure that's what I needed. I didn't totally get out of bed until after ten, since I stayed up so late reading last night - but my sleep from eight to ten was fitful, since my body is getting old and isn't used to sleeping in anymore. I'm sure it could get back to its preferred 2am - 10am cycle if given half a chance, but I need to go to bed immediately so that I don't accidentally reset to that and then screw up my whole work week.

Anyway, I finally got out of bed, had some coffee and a bagel, and made some lists of things I needed to do + wrote a bit in my journal. Then I got a haircut - it was only my second haircut in the past ~2yrs, which is odd since I used to go to the salon in SF every 3-4wks to get my bangs trimmed professionally. My hair is still long by normal standards, but I took off 3-4", so hopefully the worst of the overgrown weediness is gone.

Then I came home and almost immediately left again - I walked down the street to El Camino, which is my favorite nearby Mexican place, and had a mid-afternoon solo happy hour with nachos, margaritas, some very good journaling about my current writing project, and time to finish the book I started last night. I've deeply missed going to bars and writing / reading / people watching, so this was a good way to ease back into that. And I've also deeply missed nachos, which were not a good takeout food, so this fulfilled several of my desires.

Then I came home, attempted to tell myself to be productive, and instead took a long nap. And then I actually managed to rally into some productivity after - nothing too exciting, just paying bills and taking care of various tings online. And now I really do need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: