Monday, June 28, 2021

i've been waiting for the tides to change

It's Monday, and a fairly uninspiring Monday at that. However, the day went pretty much as planned from a work standpoint, which I will take. And since I had a relatively light meeting day, I secretly absconded to a Starbucks in the late afternoon - it was my first time working in a coffee shop in almost sixteen months, which was bizarre in its own right. The clientele was also bizarre - a girl came in from the patio to complain that a man was staring at her, and a barista had to go out and talk to him (but he must be a regular, because the barista called him by name, and the barista didn't seem to make any attempt to shoo him off). I often err on the side of sympathizing in this kind of situation because I've seen my share of creeps in the world - but the girl was wearing a dress that was literally see-through and also cut so low that I was pretty sure I could see areola, and also I had previously vacated the patio without looking at her because she was loudly listening to music, so my sympathies are pretty dim. But this is a good reminder that 1) leaving the house is good for people watching, but also 2) leaving the house means running into weirdos.

sssanyway. After my excursion to Starbucks (which I made to beat traffic), I went over to Caroline's to hang out for awhile. We had a drink on her patio, then had dinner at a chicken and waffle place in Lafayette. I did not have the waffles, but I did break my gluten fast with some chicken tenders. They weren't really worth it as I thought they were a little dry, but the fries were good and Caroline's company was excellent.

Then I came home, took care of some tings around the house, and did some day job work. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: