Sunday, June 13, 2021

keep me second guessing

I'm typing this on my phone, so it will be quick - but I had a v nice day in my own house, with some fun socializing at the end of it. I spent most of the morning doing yard stuff - I trimmed things, raked things, and cleaned things. I also planted most of the plants I bought yesterday - I still have a few things left and need to decide if I'm going to put them straight in the ground or get a couple more containers, but I'm happy with what I accomplished. And my patio furniture is reconfigured for non social distancing - I am considering getting a small table so I can eat outside more easily, but we'll see.

Then I showered, changed bedsheets, and generally tidied up until my friend Sara arrived. We haven't seen each other in person in over a year - she was one of my last houseguests last year, and we talk at work a lot anyway, so in some ways it felt like no time had passed. But we had many things to catch up on, so we hung out for over six hours - first on my patio, then dinner at Fifth String, then more time in my living room. We've both worked at our company for like a combined 25+ years, which is crazy, and so we had both new and old stories to keep us entertained.

Also, Fifth String was basically as amazing as when Katie and I went - Sara had fried green tomatoes that certainly weren't gluten free but were incredible. I ignored my gluten issues tonight and had pasta, which was also a delight - I may regret it tomorrow, but I'm hopeful.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: