Sunday, June 13, 2021

nice to meet you where you been

As I expected - nay, planned for - I had a v. unproductive day today to make up for how productive I was yesterday. However, I didn't really feel significant Sunday Scaries - I probably should have, but I've avoided a lot of work emails over the past two weeks and so don't feel connected enough to worry about whatever I'm getting into tomorrow. Hopefully the reentry won't be too brutal...

Since last night's shenanigans kept me up late, and since I heard my friend Sara leave relatively early this morning (she snuck out quietly, but I heard the chime of my security system tell me that the front door opened), I stayed in bed and lazed until my heart and body didn't want to laze anymore. Then I ran to Starbucks to get iced coffee, came home, and spent most of the late morning journaling / planning / contemplating while sitting on my patio.

Eventually it got too hot to be lazy outside, so I moved my laziness inside. I did, at some point, decide what I'm cooking this week and order groceries, since my fridge was completely barren (confession: there were vegetables in the veg drawer when I got home from my travels, but the squash/zucchini were so rotten that they fell apart as I was pulling them out and I had to wash the whole bin. clearly having a separate veg drawer that I don't see unless I open it can cause some problems when I'm cleaning out the fridge pre-travel...). I also talked to my parents, who seemed to be in fine form. And, happily, I rode my Peloton for the first time in a couple of months - I would say my calf is almost fully healed, and so I felt pretty safe attempting a bike ride, but I took it easy to avoid turning the occasional twinge into a full-blown reinjury. Hopefully now that it's healed and I'm back in Denver for awhile, I can get back into Peloton and get some exercise.

I then spent the rest of the evening taking care of some personal business tasks. And now I should go to bed - it's earlier than I usually go to bed, but I want to get up and take a walk and/or write before work, so early bedtime seems like the right call. Goodnight!

No comments: