Thursday, June 03, 2021

last great american dynasty

Today was lovely, but I didn't get enough sleep last night and I'm starting to feel it. I spent the day hanging out around the house, taking care of some tings that I wanted to get done here (tings like resetting the wifi, going through some stuff that [censored] and I rescued from the old house, etc). My dad and I also took a trip back into the field to examine the property - it was a perfect day for that, since it's finally warm and feels like real summer, and I'm deeply delighted that it's unlikely to snow on me unexpectedly in Colorado in the next three months.

Tonight, I made Mongolian beef for dinner - the beef turned out excellently, if I do say so myself. And we all celebrated the fact that my dad is finally off his IV antibiotics for the first time in many weeks, which means that he doesn't have to go to the hospital every single day to get an infusion. This is v. good news, and hopefully the forward progress continues.

But now I'm desperate for sleep - goodnight!

No comments: