Saturday, June 05, 2021

once more you open the door

Today was lovely - one of those perfect summer days with family and good weather. We spent most of the day hanging out with my dad's side of the family - Aunt Kathy, Drewbaby, Aunt B, and Uncle B all came down for the day, and I'm pretty sure it was the first time we'd all been together since sometime around Christmas 2019 (which is a little wild).

So we hung out, mostly on the patio (despite the outdoors causing severe allergies for Drewbaby; my allergies weren't great, but they were nonexistent compared to how badly I react to touching anything that was in the old house). We also had lunch - my dad had ordered a smoked turkey from a neighbor who smokes meat, and my mom made layered lettuce and five cup salad, and Aunt B brought roast beef salad. And [censored] (whom I shall now call Punxsutawney Paco for reasons that don't matter), Drewbaby, and I got some cousin time in, which is always welcome.

Aunt B and Uncle B had to go back to Des Moines for an evening event, but Drewbaby and Aunt Kathy stuck around to have dinner (which was just lunch revisited). They eventually said their goodbyes, and then I came downstairs with the intention of packing, which I definitely didn't follow through on. So now I'm going to go to bed so I can do that in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: