Wednesday, June 02, 2021

so they dug your grave and the masquerade will come calling out at the mess you've made

I'm sleepy and should have gone to bed an hour ago, but I'm also on vacation and don't wanna go to bed, so whatever. Today was fairly lazy, especially compared to the last couple of days - I made some iced coffee and journaled and scribbled some notes to myself, and also did a few desultory things on my task list. But mostly, I didn't do much, and that was great. I did drive out to the lake and sit for awhile, contemplating the past. I also drove into town to get a few groceries, which was fairly unexciting. And [censored] and I drove around a bit this afternoon to examine various things in town; I'm usually entertained by these excursions, since [censored] knows a lot about property in town and I always learn something somehow.

In the late afternoon, I prepped some accoutrements for dinner, and then I talked to Alyssa for awhile. After that, I finished making dinner - I made shrimp tacos and ground beef tacos, which meant there was something for everyone and also there are leftovers for lunch tomorrow. The shrimp tacos with slaw and pickled onions were great (I make them on the regular anyway), and the ground beef tacos were also delish (especially because I made guac to go with them). So, that was all tasty and was a worthy reward for my sloth today.

After dinner, I came downstairs and talked to Terry for awhile, and then I hung out and did some tings online. And now I really should consider sleeping - goodnight!

No comments: