Monday, June 07, 2021

you think that you're space ghost, you're wanted coast to coast

Today was mostly spent in service of the noble cause of leaving Nebraska and getting back to Denver. The trip was totally uneventful - I had to stop a couple of times for gas, food, etc., but the sun was shining and the traffic was super light, so it was a good day for a drive. I spent several hours of it listening to NOMADLAND, which is an audiobook I had downloaded; it mostly talks about all the formerly middle class people who have accidentally become itinerant workers in RVs, often working for little more than a place to park their RVs during a farming harvest or getting some cash via seasonal work in Amazon warehouses. So if you want to be depressed about how you can do everything exactly right and still lose the game as its currently rigged, or if you want to be anxious about whether it can happen to you, this is the book for you!

sssanyway, it's good so far, so I'll have to find excuses to listen to it in my house since I usually only listen to audiobooks in the car. When I got home, I attempted to balance my desire for relaxation with my desire to get some tings done - so I did three loads of laundry, but I also ran and picked up some books from BookBar, browsed a couple of clothing shops on Tennyson, etc.

And now I really need to sleep - I have a full day of errands / driving tomorrow, since I'm taking this week off to have a 'proper vacation' - maybe not proper in the sense that I'm not going to see anyone I know, but at least it's a break and at least I'll have some time to read, write, and relax in the sun. So wish me luck with that and I'll blog from my undislosed location - goodnight!

No comments: