Monday, June 21, 2021

if the world would only know what you've been holding back

Today was a fast and brutal slog - I have a lot going on at work, and I should have done some stuff this weekend and did not. So, I worked all day with basically no breaks. But I did sign off around 5:30 to get ready for dinner, and then I picked up my friend Kelly and we went to Rioja.

When I go out in Denver I almost never bother to go downtown, since Katie and I usually stick around our neighborhood - but Kelly and I were talking about the need to try other restaurants, so Rioja was our first attempt. It's on Larimer, and that block has been shut down to traffic and feels very festive, with lots of outdoor seating for lots of restaurants. All in all, it was a delightful evening - I wasn't quite as impressed with the food as I thought I would be (my halibut was slightly overcooked, and I didn't care for the dessert - but I'm really not a dessert person anyway). But the ambiance was fantastic, and Kelly and I had a really good time, so it was a v. fun excursion even if it was v. weird to be out on a Monday.

Then I got home, relaxed for a bit, and worked for the last hour and a half to get through some stuff for tomorrow. And now I really should decompress and go to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: