Monday, June 14, 2021

do interviews on mental health, how i'm living the dream

Today was my first day back at work post-vacation, and it went about as well as first days back usually go. I did manage to get up and write before work, which was wonderful. However, what was not wonderful is that I somehow forgot to take my contacts out when I went to bed last night, and so my eyes were sensitive enough that I had to wear my glasses today. Wearing my glasses in the daytime always makes me feel like I'm about to take a nap, so that probably didn't help my lackluster productivity.

But I made a smoothie for breakfast and made a quinoa tabbouleh salad with grilled chicken for dinner, so at least I had that going for me. It was my first time using my grill this season, so I had to do a bit of cleaning to get it ready, but my chicken turned out perfectly. I also ran a couple of quick errands (mostly to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things that I couldn't get yesterday), did a bit more work, and read twitter / journaled.

And now I'm going to go to bed and hope that I can repeat the writing feat tomorrow while perhaps managing to get some other things done too - we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: