Tuesday, June 22, 2021

manifest a ceiling when you shy away

I had a mostly normal day, but there were some weird bits to punctuate it. I unfortunately had to start my meetings at 8:30, which is an hour earlier than I like to start, so the morning was rushed. And I started with three one-on-ones, then a ninety-minute strategy session....and then I went straight into a team fun event, which involved a virtual drag queen performance while playing bingo and making cocktails. Part of my team is in Europe and so it's impossible to find an event that works for everyone, and making a cocktail (which I only had a few sips of, but I wanted to show it was okay if other people wanted to) at 11:30am is a little ridiculous. But I'm sure the person who just joined my team and is on her second day at the company decided that this is the most amazing place ever!

sssanyway, after that I ate lunch while sitting in the sun, which was the best part of the day. Then I had meetings and worked the rest of the day. I ate some cheese and salami to tide me over while I talked to my parents, and then I messed around on my phone, and then I eventually made a late dinner (the tuscan kale and sausage pasta that I've made before - it wasn't quite as good as usual, but it sufficed). And then I started a book (SUNNY SONG WILL NEVER BE FAMOUS) - it's a YA novel about a teenage YouTube influencer who gets sent to a digital detox farm in Iowa for the summer. Hilariously, the author seemed to pick *my actual county* off the map to set it in (Promise City does seem like the right name for a town where a digital detox camp is located, but the actual Promise City doesn't have much going on), and nothing about it is at all accurate, but I'm enjoying the story so far.

And now, I think I should go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: