Wednesday, June 27, 2018

castle on the hill

Day one of the manager offsite started great (I had coffee, sent some emails I really needed to send, and also ate some chicken jook, which was super tasty)....and then it devolved a bit, since I wasn't quite in the mood for the content we discussed. But I rallied in time to talk to my new team about new team things, and then I went to happy hour/dinner, where I continued to rally and had a v. good time. We shut down the bar (at 7:30) and took the leftover wine into the cafe, where we played a couple of ridiculous party games, and then we all eventually adjourned to our places of slumber....

...but Nicole and I rendezvoused, walked across the street to a wine bar, and bought an overpriced bottle of pinot gris to bring back to my apartment. We proceeded to drink most of it in the living room while talking about a variety of non-work topics (until my apartment-mate got back, at which point we transitioned to safe work topics instead of unsafe life topics). But now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: