Saturday, June 30, 2018

dreaming about being a big star

Time for bed - but today involved a lot more fun than previous days, so that's pretty #winning. I woke up this morning, showered and packed, and grabbed coffee at Philz before enduring the drive from MTV to SF. When I got here, I had meetings straight from 9:30 to 4:30 - but then I successfully escaped, drove to the Kabuki, dropped off my car and checked into my room, and got ready to party.

The first party was at Smugglers' Cove with Alice and Aga. Actually, the first first party was the four minutes I spent waiting for an elevator, during which I heard every excruciating detail of a screaming match between what sounded like a mother, a father, and their teenage/college age kid, who was upset that they were making him wear dress pants instead of jeans because the only dress pants he had with him were either too big ('a garbage sack') or too small ('they're crushing my nutsack'). Hearing a mother scream at her son about his nutsack and him getting over it is really not a good way to start an evening, I've got to say.

sssanyway. Once I escaped, I went to Smugglers' Cove, where I had a couple of tiki type cocktails with Alice and Aga. It's the end of an era since Aga is moving on and I got reorged anyway, so we hung out and it was generally delightful (especially when Alice taught me how to pronounce 'Prince of France'). Then I met up with Lauren (aka Subz) at Monsieur Benjamin - it was one of those ridiculous SF dinners where everything was tasty but understated and somehow still cost $150 despite feeling relatively casual, and this is why I live in Colorado now. But Lauren was, as always, wonderful, and I'm so glad I got to see her for a couple of hours in the midst of the madness that is my current life.

But now I need to sleep so I can further other mad plans tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: