Tuesday, June 05, 2018

you'd be speaking in riddles and you'd never confide

Man, I love writing retreats. Or maybe I just love vacation. Or maybe I just love those days when the stories are flowing and the breaks consist of Dairy Queen and sauvignon blanc (not together). Whatever I love, today had all of it. I got exactly the right amount of sleep, got up, went downstairs, made some coffee and wrote for awhile, had some pizza and a break, worked for a bit more, and then showered before driving four lucky retreat members to the liquor store / grocery store / Dairy Queen. As the sole driver of the only car, I have a lot of power, but I am a benevolent dictator and try to make people happy (when I'm not beheading them, of course).

Our trip to Dairy Queen was entirely successful - I got a Heath Blizzard, which was delish, and everyone else walked away with some tasty ice cream as well. Then we came back to the castle, and I wrote + took a nap (the sugar from mid-afternoon ice cream, when I usually never eat ice cream, really threw me over the edge). And I put myself in charge of ordering dinner, since I seem to have the best luck / experience with food apps - which resulted in some v. v. tasty thai food.

And then a bunch of us stayed up to varying degrees of lateness, with varying degrees of alcohol, which meant that Christine, Veronica and I closed it all down at 12:30am with the last remnants of our sauvignon blanc. And now I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: