Sunday, June 24, 2018

you could be the one that I adore

I mostly spent today engaged in the beautification rituals that feel a bit like putting on armor and going to war...a gel manicure in the morning, and a trip into Denver in the afternoon to get a long overdue haircut and an eyebrow wax. Yes, comparing this to war is very hyperbolic. But I'm going to San Francisco on Monday for an offsite at which much (or, equally likely, nothing) will be decided, and I feel better walking into those rooms when my hair is sleek and my nails are perfect.

Beyond that, it was the quiet day I craved - I also ran some errands, did some laundry and other stuff around the house, etc. But I mostly spent the afternoon/evening/until two a.m. reading - I finished SIX OF CROWS and immediately read 75% of the sequel. I would have kept going, but I must sleep and get a lot done tomorrow (today)... So it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: