Sunday, June 10, 2018

the people of the town are strange, and they're proud of where they came

I. Am. Not. Ready. To. Go. Back. To. Work.

Sadly, all things must end, including vacations. I'm back in Boulder, after planes, automobiles, and a v brief airtrain. The family reunion was totally delightful, and I was sad to leave, but it's good to be back in my own bed for a couple of weeks.

And now I should sleep - I was super lazy tonight and avoided all day job stuff for my last few hours of freedom. Instead, I lazed around, then had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, where the bartender (whom I hadn't met beforeb very presumptuously asked me if I would critique his writing without even introducing himself or asking my name, but he gave me some free bourbon, so I guess I shall be benevolent (although the chances of me responding to him when I don't respond to any of my real friends are extremely remote). Then I came home and read DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE for a couple of hours, and now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: