Sunday, June 24, 2018

got me working side to side

Today was mostly about paying the wages of my sins - usually I use that as a reference for being hungover, but in this case the sin was procrastination / putting work life ahead of personal life, which means I'm behind on a million things that I should do (since I care about many of them more than I care about zee day job, despite all the love I have for zee day job). Also, it was stupid to stay up until 2am reading last night - I woke up this morning v. v. surly to be awake, and at this point I'm really dragging.

However, I knocked out some good stuff today - I finally reconciled all the expenses from my castle retreat so I can coordinate repayment for all the stuff we all kicked in for each other; I planned my schedule for RWA and confirmed a few lunch/dinner dates/times; and I figured out the puzzle that is Claudia's bachelorette, trying to organize a series of fun things that will hopefully stay fun throughout the day without turning into a relentless fun slog or massive drunken shitshow. We shall see, we shall see.

Through it all, I also did laundry, took care of some smaller tasks, ate some yogurt/granola and some chips/salsa (yes, my meals are v. balanced), and eventually threw in the towel so I could call my parents. After I talked to them, I decided to leave the towel thrown in, and I went to Pizzeria Locale. It was clear that I haven't really talked to anyone beyond my parents and the salon people, since I felt almost incapable of communicating like a normal human - but I somehow scored a seat at the bar and ate some pizza while writing in my journal. I have a sneaking suspicion they gave me a gluten crust instead of a gluten free one, but I guess we'll find out. And regardless, the journaling was a good way to unwind...

Then I came home, put stuff away, folded laundry, etc., etc. And now I should really stay up and pack and take care of tings, but I'm going to go to bed with the intent of getting up to pack tomorrow morning before I leave for the airport - let's see how that works out for me. Goodnight!

No comments: