Sunday, June 03, 2018

spirits in my head and they won't go

I had a perfectly delightful day in my castle retreat - yes, I know this sounds unbelievably smug and ridiculous, but #sarasnotsorry. I slept until 10:30ish, which was necessary; then I had some coffee and some yogurt, and I worked for awhile before lunch. I had a sandwich for lunch, pulled myself away from all the gossip, and worked some more - I've already been more productive than I usually am on retreats, so I'm feeling pretty solid about that.

But this afternoon turned into a slow fade into mediocrity - I finally took a shower, and then I meant to write some more, but instead I took a nap in the billiards room (my new favorite place, since I can hide from everyone there). Then I took charge, as I am wont to do (especially with my return to corporate life), and figured out the dinner situation - we ordered pizza, which turned into an almost laughable amount of pizza since the pizzas were waaaay bigger than anticipated.

While I was waiting for the pizzas, I went outside and called my mom - she was in decent from, although the heat and raccoons are getting to her (as they would get to anyone). Then the pizza arrived, so we ate pizza, drank wine, and sat around talking until midnight. Not everyone talked that long - some disappeared to watch the Warriors/Cavaliers, which I didn't care about beyond the fact that LeBron is the source of a lot of great new memes showing up in the meme ecosystem. But it was a lovely night in the castle, and I'm grateful for that.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: