Sunday, June 03, 2018

i found someone to carry me home tonight

It's 2 a.m. and I'm way too tired to blog, so this is all you're getting. But today was really great. I slept until 11, then took a shower, then ate a salad out on the back porch, and then I spent most of the afternoon writing. But I did take a break to drive Anne, Veronica, Stephanie, and Barbara to a Starbucks and a liquor store, which are basically the only staples of the writer community.

On most retreats we cook for each other, but on this one we decided that we should go out to eat more often. So tonight I made a reservation at a Mexican restaurant, which was shockingly, surprisingly delicious. We spent a couple of hours there, and I was disappointingly sober because I was driving.

But when we got home, I shared a bottle of too-sweet pinot grigio with Veronica, and we all stayed up until midnight brainstorming my book. Some ideas were more helpful than others, and some people weirdly suggested adding the Daughters of the American Revolution and also a cat, but we'll see if I take them up on it. But now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: