Wednesday, June 20, 2018

lift me up like helium

Whelp, some stuff that I've been anticipating for awhile at work finally happened, and while I was expecting it, I still wasn't quite prepared for the chaos that was unleashed by it. It didn't help that I had to give a presentation to my VP and another VP this morning about something entirely unrelated. It also didn't help that I've been living with the slow-burning knowledge of this impending change for a long time - and then, all of the sudden, it happened, and it was a relief that it had happened and also an annoyance all at the same time.

But it's all good in the long run - just a lot to deal with in the short term. So after having meetings straight from 9:30 to 6:30, I ran a couple of quick errands (mostly to Sephora, where I bought lipstick because that solves all problems), grabbed a pizza, and came home, where I worked a bit more before finally throwing in the towel. At some point it's better to put down the laptop, live to fight another day, and drink a glass of wine while reading a book. I finished DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE - I don't know whether I liked it or not, tbh. The narrative arc, though, was super interesting, and the characters were interesting enough that I want to keep going with the series, so we'll see.

But now I need to go to bed so I can go into work tomorrow and deal with the aftermath of today's excitement - goodnight!

No comments: