Saturday, August 18, 2018

i have the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor

Santy Claude is getting married tomorrow! And in the meantime, we're in the frantic last minute preparations for the ceremony, which has taken our whole day. I woke up this morning in time to drink some coffee that Ayla brought back, and then I did a tiny bit of work before prepping to get out of our airbnb. I also grabbed a breakfast sandwich at Bare Bones that was super yummy and made me believe in breakfast sandwiches again.

But then the madness started. We kicked Vidya out to wait at a coffee shop for Vidya and Ayla, and then Adit and I picked up a bunch of speakers. This is the second time Adit and I have picked up sound equipment for someone's wedding and we're getting pretty good at it. Then we drove out to Washougal, with a long stop at Target, where I threw money at every problem.

When we got to Washougal, we unloaded the speaker equipment, and then we went to our new airbnb and unloaded. Then Claude and I went to Safeway, where we bought all sorts of additional things to try to make life easier. And then it was a flurry of running around and doing stuff, including all sorts of errands and tasks, culminating in the rehearsal dinner (which Claude's family made, and it was delish). And yes, my micromanagering side came to the fore, but #noregrets.

But now, even though I want to keep blogging, I need to go to sleep so I can look appropriately rested for the wedding tomorrow (despite the port that I'm drinking). Goodnight!

No comments: