Thursday, August 16, 2018

this is how it ends, i feel the chemicals burn in my bloodstream

Today was a long and brutal slog (which autocorrect tried to turn into "burial shift", which isn't inappropriate). I had meetings straight from nine to four, and the only way I could grab lunch was to leave one meeting early and be late to another.

But I made it out of the office by 4:15 and drove to the airport without issues. When I got there, I pounded a burrito bowl, then found out my flight was delayed, so pounded some wine while doing day job stuff.

But we eventually took off, which was nice. I was going to work but the wifi was down, so I slept instead. This was critical, since I got in at ten, picked up luggage and a car, and then drove into Portland, dropped my car/stuff, and rendezvoused with Adit and Chandlord.

We had one drink at one place, and then a drink and nachos at another place, and all in it was lovely even if I should have gone to bed hours ago. Goodnight!

No comments: