Wednesday, August 22, 2018

the wonderful unknown

I'm still exhausted - but I spent this morning lazing in bed after last night's debauchery, so I somehow made it through today without dying. Last night was pretty epic, though; starting with wine tasting at 3:30pm, continuing with wine through dinner, and then ill-advisedly switching to tequila shots and s'mores was probably not the wisest idea I've had in awhile. But, judging by the faces of everyone who I left at the firepit at midnight last night (for once, I went to bed when I felt like it and didn't shut down the party - I know, I'm shocked too), none of us had particularly wise ideas.

Still, it was super fun and #noregrets. However, I was supposed to get another massage this morning and instead canceled it - yesterday's massage was so intense that she bruised my shoulders, so a massage would have been wasted on me today anyway, and I preferred to stay in bed. But eventually I vacated my perfect bed, showered, packed, and went out in search of coffee and food. I journaled for a bit while looking at the mountains, and then I had lunch with all the people who were in pain (and some people who showed up this morning for today's round of the retreat, which is staggered across multiple days - those people all looked bright-eyed and happy, but right about now some of them are probably making the same poor decisions that some of us made last night).

I could have stayed later, but I was over it, so I drove a few people back with me to Boulder. I got home a little after three, messed around the house, called my parents (belatedly, since we didn't talk Sunday), and then went out to have dinner at my favorite mexican place, which went a long way toward restoring me. Then I came home and took an hour-long nap, but I had to wake up to talk to someone from Hyderabad (I really hate nighttime calls sometimes). And now I'm going to go to bed - tomorrow's calendar looks super painful, so sleep is imperative. Goodnight!

No comments: