Monday, August 13, 2018

i'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

I did successfully get up and write this morning - only for thirty minutes, but that's better than nothing. I then went to work, which was mildly stressful, but since I was only there for sixish hours, I guess it could have been worse.

But I skipped out at 3:45 to go to the dentist - I hadn't been in an embarrassingly long period of time, since I was traveling last year and then didn't bother to find a dentist when I moved here (partially because I was avoiding radiation this summer and didn't want to get x-rays). However, I didn't learn the error of my ways - I had no cavities and no gum or enamel or bone issues, so other than the fact that I live on coffee and red wine and so have stained my teeth, everything looked good. The dentist was very friendly and spent more time with me than my previous dentist used to - I'm accustomed to the dentist letting the hygienist do everything, then coming in and poking a couple of teeth and trying to sell me on invisalign braces that I don't need.

They don't do a cleaning on the same day as your new patient exam, which kind of annoyed me when I booked - but it turns out they had a cancelation tomorrow and can squeeze me in after work, which is perfect. So, I left feeling pretty happy about all of that. I should have come home and worked...

...but instead I took an impromptu drive down to Denver, where I hung out with Katie and the girls. This was partially an excuse to drive and show off my new car, but mostly an excuse to hang out with Katie before some of my upcoming travel madness. I picked up some beer for her and some cider for me - I only had one cider, but it was super tasty and reminded me that the world isn't only made of wine. She ordered pho, and we spent a couple of delightful hours interjecting grownup conversation around the delightful shrieks of her child army.

Then I came home and talked to Adit about wedding stuff (we may need to go into the wedding planning business together, although no promises until I see if I can pull a mariachi band out of thin air in the next five days). And then I did a bit of work and a bit of personal stuff, and now I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: