Thursday, August 09, 2018

you want a maserati

Yes, I had a lot of meetings today, thanks for asking. So many meetings that I didn't eat lunch until 1:15, which I scarfed down while having an impromptu conversation with Tomas (fewer impromptu conversations happen than they did when we shared a cube, but many more than when we were in different cities/countries/job stages).

But I left the office at five and got my hair cut - it's the first step in the beautification rituals necessary in the lead-up to Santy Claude's wedding. I took a risk and tried a new (to me) salon - I'd gone to Denver a couple of times to get my hair cut, but it's just too far to be useful. So I tried an Aveda salon on the Pearl Street mall, and I think I've found my new stylist after like eighteen months in the wilderness. I was sad to leave my SF stylist when I went on my traveling adventures, and I never found someone I liked for hair here - but the woman I went to today was great, and I'm happy with the cut, and it was also $35 cheaper than my SF haircut, so that's what I call #winning.

Then I wanted to just come home and curl up with a book (and by that I mean play Civilization until my eyes fell out) - but I rallied and went to a late happy hour with some people from work. We went to Avery, which is a big brewery I hadn't gone to yet - since I don't drink beer, the Boulder brewery scene is lost on me. But their chicken wings were good, and I did the requisite networking, and also made a tentative friend, so that was all a worthy endeavor.

Then I came home, worked for an hour, played some Civ, drank some rosé to make up for the forced abstaining at the brewery, and talked to Santy Claude about wedding stuff. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: