Tuesday, August 28, 2018

play secretary, i'm the boss tonight

Okay, as much as I like my job, I should probably find some ways to cut back on the emotional energy I expend with it. Today was a good day and I feel good about it, but at the same time I spent a lot of energy on other people's problems without getting a lot of my own work done. It wouldn't have been all that bad if I'd had a real break tonight, but I came home from work and only had an hour before I spent 90mins on calls with people in Asia. After that, I really wanted to do nothing...but on Saturday I leave for off and on travel that will consume the next month, and so there's stuff I desperately have to get done this week in preparation.

That stuff was all personal, so I did that, and it *almost* felt like a break...but not really.

However, this is a problem to solve another day - and at least I'm aware of it, right? But then, I've been a bit of a workaholic most of my life, so maybe awareness isn't enough. But I'm going to pretend that awareness is enough so that I can go to bed right now and get eight hours of sleep before it all starts again - goodnight!

No comments: