Sunday, August 05, 2018

one...more...turn

I'm having an incredibly lazy weekend - I'm telling myself I deserve it after weeks of madness, but my inner Puritan is unimpressed. Yesterday was a v. hard slog to end a week of hard slogs, with meetings straight from 9am to 5pm without any break at all, and so I was beyond done by the end of it.

So, last night I went to Pizzeria Locale and had some pizza and wine while writing some stuff related to my young adult book. But when I got home, I decided to play a game of Civilization, which I mostly hadn't played since Christmas. Maybe that was a mistake, since I played until I fell asleep last night, and I've played many hours today. But it's the best kind of mindless fun for me, so #noregrets.

Today was more of the same - I took care of some personal tasks and did about an hour of work for the day job, but the rest of the day was super lazy. I did drag myself out of the house to eat at Verde, where I was relatively restrained, which means I have half a meal sitting in my fridge for lunch tomorrow. And I journaled there rather than spending the whole time reading twitter, so that's a positive.

But now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: