Wednesday, February 17, 2021

cutting lines and blurring truth

Today was a good day, if you like people getting out of hospitals and don't mind dreary weather. I slept in a bit more than planned, but that was probably wise since the aforementioned dreary weather didn't help me to feel in it to win it.

But I slogged for most of the day, with a break for one of my beloved bologna sandwiches (yay midwest). And, even better, my dad got out of the hospital today and is back in the house, where I can subject him to my citified cooking regime. Tonight was all leftovers, and the mix of ham, chicken and wild rice soup, and sausages and peppers was a bit odd, but it was all still tasty and was far easier than me or my mom whipping up anything new. And since I have meetings until 6:30 tomorrow night, I think I might get out of cooking tomorrow altogether...but we shall see.

sssanyway, it's great that Dad is on the mend, even if his boot isn't exactly my style (but then, high heeled suede probably wouldn't be the right choice for his current needs, so I guess I'll allow it). I hung out with my parents from the end of my last meeting around 5:30 until almost nine, discussing lost cities and phosphorus and the psi at which natural gas moves through pipes and rural music venues in the 1970s (among other topics). And then I came downstairs and slogged for the last ninety minutes, which officially, *finally* mostly cleared my inbox after letting it suffer these last few weeks.

And now I'm going to read some more about lost cities and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: